Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic Editor for Linux response

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 5 18:46:07 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Arabic Editor for Linux response

Date:  05 Apr 2002
From:Andrew Freeman <andyf at umich.edu>
Subject:Arabic Editor for Linux response

Word 2000 under Arabic enabled Windows 98 lets you save a file as html
Saving as html, and then using internet explorer to open it and then
resave it from ie 5.n in a new format is one of my quick and dirty's for
converting iso-8859-6 to windoze cp-1256.

As for Linux in Arabic it is coming along, but is a long way from
complete.  There is a group in Saudi Aarbia devoted to creating a linux
kernel for Arabic.  I seem to have lost the contact info, but you can
hack around and find it if you start from the gnu open source page.
It is also in a reply to me on this mail list.

cheers,
andy