Arabic-L:LIT:Young Leb. Authors on Civil War Query

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Dec 5 20:31:53 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Young Leb. Authors on Civil War Query

Date:  05 Dec 2002
From: Ulla Prien <prien at hum.ku.dk>
Subject:Young Leb. Authors on Civil War Query

In connection with the planing of a study trip for students to Syria
and Lebanon, we´re reading fictional descriptions (novels,
short stories, poetry etc.) dealing with the Civil War in Lebanon but
we are very much at a loss concerning younger not so established
authors. Could you recommend or just mention anyone from the younger
generation minus 40 and at least minus 50 generation dealing with this
subject?

If some of these authors have been translated into a major European
Language, preferably English it would be even better as our students
come from different levels and subjects and not everybody studies
Arabic.

thanks a lot in advance

sincerely
 Ulla Prien