Arabic-L:PEDA:Large vocabulary response

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Dec 5 20:32:31 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Large vocabulary response
2) Subject:Difficulty  response
3) Subject:Large vocabulary response

Date:  05 Dec 2002
From: shawky at aucegypt.edu
Subject:Large vocabulary response

Dear colleague,
My Ma thesis dealt with Arabic learning difficulty areas , major area
was
having to cope with a large number of lexis in order to acquire Arabic.
Please
see Holes ,C (1995)pp127-129 speaking of- ishtiqaq-where Holes declares
that
Arabic language is enriched with lexis that emerges out of a derivatinal
system that allows several words from the same meaning. No wonder one
the
items included in the study questionnaire was stated by one of Arabic
learners."  learning Arabic is learning enourmous vocabulary. I hope
you find
my response helpful.
Nehad Shawqy