Arabic-L:LING:NSA Arabic Linguist jobs

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 30 22:48:00 UTC 2002

1) Subject:NSA Arabic Linguist jobs

Date:  30 Dec 2002
From: "Jensen, Patricia V." <pvjense at nsa.gov>
Subject:NSA Arabic Linguist jobs

We currently have Arabic Linguist positions open with the National
Security Agency located in Ft. Meade, Maryland.

NSA is seeking individuals who have native to near-native ability for a
permanent, full-time assignment.  If you are not currently on the
market but
know someone who is, please pass along my contact information to them,
or if
you provide me their contact information I would be happy to get in
touch
with them.

If you are currently on the market, the Language Community offers two
employment opportunities, dependent upon level of experience and
determined
by the hiring department.  The first opportunity, also referred to as a
developmental program, begins with a 3-year skills development program.
During these 3 years, you will have the opportunity to work in various
offices throughout the NSA Language Department to develop translation/
transcription skills. The second opportunity puts the individual
directly
into a designated department rather than the developmental program. Both
opportunities include on-the-job training, mentoring, and formal
classroom
instruction.

For illustration purposes, the salary (based on 2002 figures) for a
Bachelors degree and no
related work experience is GG07-1 ($31,397 per annum). The salary for a
Masters degree and no related work experience is GG09-1 ($38,406 per
annum).
Individuals with a PhD and no related work experience would earn a
starting
salary of GG11-1 ($46,469 per annum). Any related work experience would
qualify for additional pay.  Additional information on salary can be
requested during the phone screening.

If this sounds of interest to you, please contact me at 866-672-4473
between
8:30 am and 2 pm EST. I will conduct a brief screening interview with
you
which takes approximately 20 minutes.

Please note that employment with the National Security Agency is
governed by
Public Law
and requires that initial and continued employment with the Agency and
access to classified information, shall be clearly consistent with the
national security. The law prescribes further that employment in the
Agency
shall be contingent upon completion of a full field investigation and
clearance for access to classified information.

To meet the statutory national security standard, the NSA maintains
special
employment criteria and prescribes certain conditions of employment
which
may exceed those of other Government organizations which do not have the
highly sensitive mission related responsibility borne by the Agency. The
special criteria and conditions include, in
addition to others prescribed by Executive Order and Department of
Defense
regulations, the following:

With limited exceptions, both the applicant and the members of his or
her
immediate family shall be United States citizens. For these purposes,
"immediate family" is defined as including the individual's spouse or
significant other, parents, brothers, sisters, and children.

Should you have immediate family members who are non-U.S. citizens, the
hiring department may waive this requirement.  There are a number of
factors
that go into making such a decision so please contact me for more
information (should you be interested in pursuing employment with NSA).

Thank you for your possible interest in employment with the National
Security Agency. I hope to hear from you soon.
--
Patricia Jensen
Arabic Linguist Recruiter