Arabic-L:GEN:Review of Arabic on Mozilla

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:01:21 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Review of Arabic on Mozilla

Date:  19 Feb 2002
From:Albrecht Hofheinz <Albrecht_Hofheinz at web.de>
Subject:Review of Arabic on Mozilla
Further to YemenLC at aol.com 's msg of 13 Feb:

I did a test run of Mozilla 0.9.8 on both MacOS 9 and OS X. Arabic ran
fine on both versions, even though there is no OS X Arabic language pack
yet (I have just installed the Arabic fonts there). Display is better
than under iCab: frames and lines are rendered correctly, all right to
left, without suffering from the well-known problem of parts of a line
getting inverted when an "English" character, or a number, is in the
middle. Two problems I've noticed so far: auto-detect character coding
does not always work (but can of course be adjusted manually), and
display of fully justified text is uneven under OS X and may also be
improved under OS 9.

Try it out yourselves:

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/

Regards,