Arabic-L:LING:Collocational Dictionary resonse

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jan 17 00:07:38 UTC 2002

1) Subject: Collocational Dictionary resonse

Date:  16 Jan 2002
From: Jan Hoogland <j.hoogland at let.kun.nl>
Subject: Collocational Dictionary resonse

- Emery, Peter: Collocation in Modern STandard Arabic. ZAL 23.56-65
- Shakir & Farghal, 1992, in FIT-Newsletter 11/3.227
- Heliel, Moahmed Hilmi, 1990, Collocations and Translation. FIT-newsletter
9/3.30
- Hoogland, Jan: Collocation in Arabic (MSA) and the treatment of
collocations in Arabic Dictionaries, in: Proceedings of the Colloquium on
Arabic Lexicology and Lexicography, special Issue of 'the Arabist'. If you
need more details let me know.

There has to be something interesting, but it's difficult to find:
Dr. Abu Ssaydeh seems to have compiled an English-Arabic collocational
dictonary, but I haven't been able to find it.
Maybe you can look around or ask around in Cairo?
If anyone out there knows something about it, please share it with us.
(although I have raised this very question before on this list).

Jan