Arabic-L:LING:needs article on word 'inspiration' in Arabic

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jan 24 23:09:22 UTC 2002

1) Subject: needs article on word 'inspiration' in Arabic

Date:  24 Jan 2002
From: Edwin Rutsch <edwin at humanityquest.com>
Subject: needs article on word 'inspiration' in Arabic

I am looking for native speaking language experts to contribute a
short 300 word article, on the meaning of the word for "Inspiration"
in their language of expertise. This is for inclusion in an art book
I am writing entitled "The Spirit of Inspiration". I would like to
have at least 50 different languages represented in the book (I have
40 so far).

I am still looking for contributors for Arabic, Hebrew and Persian.
For Arabic I would like to have 2 articles. I have a contributor
for the word ILHAM and still need one for the word WAHI. (For gender
balance, a female contributor would be preferred).

The article would include aspects of the following about the the
nature of inspiration; the definition, etymology, how it is expressed
in the arts and the authors personal insights.

I have created a detailed submission guideline with a sample article
which you can view at this URL;
<http://humanityquest.com/Themes/Inspiration/ArticleGuidelines/index.asp>http://Humanityquest.com/Themes/Inspiration/ArticleGuidelines/index.asp

You can see the list of languages and contributors at this url.
<http://humanityquest.com/Themes/Inspiration/ArticleGuidelines/ContributorsList.htm>http://humanityquest.com/Themes/Inspiration/ArticleGuidelines/ContributorsList.htm

If you are interested in contributing an article, I can be contacted
directly at:
<mailto:edwin at humanityquest.com>edwin at humanityquest.com

Thank You

Sincerely.