Arabic-L:GEN:Needs Old Arab Music recordings

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Jul 23 22:22:22 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Needs Old Arab Music recordings

Date:  23 Jul 2002
From:"G. Borg" <g.borg at let.kun.nl>
Subject:Needs Old Arab Music recordings

Dear list members,
In connection to a project that envisages digital recording and
documentation of traditional Arabic music, I would like to ferret out
details about the possible existence of record archives containing this
kind of music in the Americas. I assume that the distribution of music by
record companies in the first half of the 20th century to immigrants from
the Levant and the activities of Arab radio stations might have left some
traces in wax, bakelite or vinyl.
Best wishes,
Gert Borg,
Nijmegen University,