Arabic-L:LIT:Source of anecdote

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Mar 27 22:31:06 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Source of anecdote
2) Subject:Source of anecdote
3) Subject:Source of anecdote

Date:  27 Mar 2002
From:Martha Schulte-Nafeh <marthas at u.arizona.edu>
Subject:Source of anecdote

I have no idea as to the authenticity of the story but it is reported in
Aramco World magazine March/April 1999 issue in the article "Touring
Al-Andalus" on page 31. It is reported with the words "it is said that
....." which suggests a bit of a hedge on the writer's part in terms of
belief in the story.
Peace,
martha