Arabic-L:GEN:NYC jobs, one urgent

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Nov 13 23:38:24 UTC 2002

1) Subject:NYC jobs, one urgent

Date:  13 Nov 2002
From: Rel21 at aol.com
Subject:NYC jobs, one urgent

[moderator's note: instead of sending him a list of linguists in NYC (I
actually have no way of knowing where most of you are from) I have
simply posted this message.  If you are interested in the job, please
contact Mr. Levin at the above e-mail address (refer to this posting)
or at the numbers below]

I am CEO of Transclick, a research product development company based in
NY that is focused on Arabic speech linguistics for machine translation
and speech translation of Arabic for the Army.

We have a SBIR US ARMY contract for $710,000 for Arabic speech to
speech translation, automatic speech recognition English to English
text, English text to Arabic text machine translation, and Arabic text
to speech generation. We need testers who know Arabic and some
knowledge of linguistics to run test Arabic language suites that we
have designed.

Do you know any native Arabic speakers who can evaluate the grammer,
linguistic accuracy of machine translation output...who live in the NY
Area...we urgently need to complete a small project this Thursday but
we also need additional people lined up for each project going forward.

Thank you  for sending me a list of Arabic native speakers who have
linguistics knowledge in the NY area, specifically in Manhattan; if you
have a few names, phone numbers and email addresses if you have a few
minutes, I would be very grateful and I think they would be too.

Sincerely,
Robert Levin
CEO
Transclick