Arabic-L:PEDA:NMELRC Town Hall Meeting at MESA

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Nov 15 23:24:15 UTC 2002

1) Subject:NMELRC Town Hall Meeting at MESA

Date:  15 Nov 2002
From: Kirk Belnap <rkb at byu.edu>
Subject:NMELRC Town Hall Meeting at MESA

The National Middle East Language Resource Center (NMELRC) would like
to invite all who are interested and able to attend:

Town Hall Meeting on Middle East Language Learning/Teaching
Sunday, November 24th, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Cotillion South Ballroom, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Washington, DC

This meeting is being held in conjunction with the Middle East
Studies Association Annual Meeting
(http://fp.arizona.edu/mesassoc/MESA02/mesa02.htm).

NMELRC's mission is to work with language professionals and
institutions to increase and improve opportunities for learning the
languages of the Middle East.  The "Town Hall Meeting" will provide a
brief introduction to some of NMELRC's plans and projects (e.g., its
teacher training institutes and its small grants program). The bulk
of the meeting will be spent in open discussion of issues and
opportunities in an effort to encourage field-wide input and
significantly increased cooperation in areas such as materials
development, articulation, study abroad, and professionalization.

More information on NMELRC can be found at http://nmelrc.byu.edu.
Look for much more to be added to our website in the coming month.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Washington--and working with
many more in order to better serve students and a world in need of
more cross-cultural bridges.

Best wishes,

Kirk Belnap
Director, NMELRC