Arabic-L:GEN:Response to OS X queries

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Oct 4 18:02:48 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Response to OS X queries

Date:  04 Oct  2002
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject:Response to OS X queries

Hi Dil,

Just some brief comments:

1) InDesign is not yet in Arabic under MAC OSX.

2) We are working on Kalimat (Arabic text into non-Arabic applications)
    for MAC OSX. http://www.arabicsoftware.net

3) Quark is already working on the MAC OSX version, which is in
    Beta, and is being showed in public, so they are not very far from
    having a solution.

4) InDesign did not pick up much, in the Middle East market, as
    expected, although it is practically being offered for short money.
    It is still not being used very much. Even though it is not
expensive,
    it is unprotected, and they are doing a lot of bundling deals with
Adobe
    Collection and Apple machines.

That's the word from the Middle East. As for AramediA, we love all
of our children, we do offer both products without prejudice.

George N. Hallak
AramediA Group
T 617 825-3044 F 617 265-9648
http://www.arabicsoftware.net