Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Calligraphy for girls in NJ

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:17:53 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Needs Calligraphy for girls in NJ

Date:  11 Oct  2002
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject:Needs Calligraphy for girls in NJ

For All the Do Gooders of the Arabic Language,

Please, if you are in the vicinity, see what you can do for the sisters:

To whom this may concern,

I co-head the Girls (sisters) committee for an Islamic organization at
Rutgers University in NJ.  One of the activities that I was planning to
have was a Calligraphy workshop. For this I am in search of a person
who can teach Arabic calligraphy to the sisters. It doesn't have to be
very intense but just a little fun activity where the girls learn
something new, inshallah.

I understand that you/your organization is based in Boston.  I don't
think we can afford someone to come all the way from Boston for this
workshop. Thus my request to you is if you could recommend somebody to
us in NJ/NY/locally who knows Arabic Calligraphy and might want to gain
some sawaab for his/her skill, inshallah.

You could forward this e-mail to the person you have in mind or e-mail
me their contact information.

Your concern and effort will be appreciated.
JazakAllahKhairun

Sincerely,
Asma
mailto:a786asma at yahoo.com