Arabic-L:GEN:VB textbox response

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Oct 17 14:28:58 UTC 2002

1) Subject:VB6 textbox response

Date:  16 Oct  2002
From: Foster Maha Civ USAFA/DFF <maha.foster at usafa.af.mil>
Subject:VB6 textbox response

Hi,
      My name is allan foster, and my wife has the mail account I am
using.
       I develop commerical software in VB 6.0 and VB.Net.  Let me put
your
mind at easy: VB does not support right to left in normal "American"
Microsoft operating systems.  If you have a specialized Windows for say
Arabic or Japanese it will work.  I know there are properties called
RTL,
but that are not implemented.  If you want Arabic you can use Access
2002 or
VB.Net ( or any other dot net language).  I have developed a database
for my
wife in Arabic and support applications in dot net.  If you like, I
could
look at your code and let you know what it would take to convert it to
dotnet.  IMHO, after serveral months of dotnet and serveral years of
VB6.0
and VBA, I find dotnet superior in many ways.
Good luck,
Allan