Arabic-L:PEDA:UVA-Yarmouk Summer Program cancelled for 2003

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 11 21:42:55 UTC 2003

1) Subject:UVA-Yarmouk Summer Program cancelled for 2003

Date: 11 Apr 2003
From: Mohammed Sawaie <ms at m.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject:UVA-Yarmouk Summer Program cancelled for 2003

Dear All,

With deep regret, and due to the current hostilities in Iraq and their
impact on the regions of the Middle East as a whole, I convey to you
the suspension of the University of Virginia-Yarmouk University Summer
Arabic Program for Summer 2003.   We do hope to resume the Program in
Summer 2004.   As you all know, this is a hard decision to make.
However, while Irbid is a safe place and our participants have never
encountered any hostilities in past summers, it is only judicious and
prudent to return to a normal setting when emotions are calmer and the
region more genial.

Mohammed Sawaie
Program Director