Arabic-L:LING:ALS Alexandria conference fees

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 11 21:56:30 UTC 2003

1) Subject:ALS Alexandria conference fees

Date: 11 Apr 2003
From:Dilworth Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>
Subject:ALS Alexandria conference fees

We have been struggling with how to charge for the ALS conference in
Alexandria in a way that covers the expenses of the conference, and at
the same time encourages local attendance.  Here is what we have
decided.  We will continue to charge all participants, and all
attendees from American and European countries the fees listed in the
program ($50 preregistered, $70 at the door).  Further, it will be free
for faculty and students associated with Alexandria University.
However, since this would put the cost of the conference out of range
for many other local potential attendees, we have decided to charge
Arab World attenders $10.  We do this with a request to those from the
Arab World who can easily afford our normal fees, or whose fees are
being paid by their university, to pay the normal fees.  Those who are
paying their own fees, and who simply cannot afford the higher level
may pay the lower fee.  Note that this does not apply to those reading
papers, from whom we are forced to request the full fees.
Thank you for your support in this difficult matter.
Dil