Arabic-L:GEN:Wants info on Arabic careers

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:13:41 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Wants info on Arabic careers

Date: 29 Apr 2003
From: Lisa Buckmaster <cowphilosopher at yahoo.com>
Subject:Wants info on Arabic careers

Hi all,

I am about to finish my first year of Arabic and am
considering the language as an undergraduate major. My
professor gave me this email address to write to with
my inquiry. I would like to know what sort of fields
students of Arabic go into after they graduate. It
seems that there are a lot of organizations in the US
that are currently looking for speakers of Arabic, but
they seem to require Counter Intelligence backgrounds
and other experience. Apart from government work and
education, what other fields are open to Arabic
students?

Thank you for your help,
Lisa