Arabic-L:TRANS:Info on Translation Jobs

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Aug 13 22:56:37 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Info on Translation Jobs
2) Subject:Info on Translation Jobs

Date: 13 Aug 2003
From: J Murgida <jmurg at ttlc.net>
Subject:Info on Translation Jobs

Jonathan,
I suggest contacting the American Translators Association:
www.atanet.org .
You'll find quite a bit of information on the translation profession, as
well as links to local associations and chapters of ATA. Also, there
are a
few lists for translators of Middle Eastern languages, such as MELD. To
subscribe, send a message to:
ATA_MELD-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
and another one, but I can't find the actual list address, this is the
email
address of the moderator, Tim Gregory:
Tgregory at Tarjema.Com

I'm not sure what the market is like at the moment for independent
contract
work that doesn't require a clearance or relocation. Your local ATA
chapter
would be a good place to start, along with the lists. There also are
lists
for translators, with job postings and information on deadbeat clients
[one
is called something like the Payment Practices list] that you can
inquire
about.

Good luck!
Jackie Murgida