Arabic-L:GEN:Info on Arab Americans

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 29 19:59:25 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Info on Arab Americans

Date: 29 Dec  2003
From:jmurg at ttlc.net
Subject:Info on Arab Americans

"100 questions on Arab Americans"

I asked a friend who is studying Arabic if he knew of any references
for the Teaching Arab/Islamic Culture... query on Arabic-L and he sent
me the following about Arab Americans, done by the Detroit Free Press
newspaper. I haven't looked at all of it, but it looks promising:

http://www.freep.com/jobspage/arabs.htm
 "It is primarily designed to provide journalists with basic
information about Arab Americans and guidelines for writing about them.
But it is a decent primer on Arab culture and Islam in general. It
appears that free copies can be ordered on the last page of the
guide."