Arabic-L:GEN:review of the newspaper site

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 15 23:50:11 UTC 2003

1) Subject:review of the newspaper site

Date:  15 Jan 2003
From: Mohammad <mohd at mail.ukans.edu>
Subject:review of the newspaper site

Dear all,
I have just browsed the web site sent by moderator,
http://www.memri.org
I found that this site is, sorry, a terrible effort against the mutual
understanding between the middle east and the west, contrary to their
stated
mission. It posts a huge number of links that reflect the point of view
of a
very small fraction of the Arab media. For example, all their video
clips were
taken from two TV channels and they broadcast terrible material that is
certainly destructive. Most of the news links are dated material with
topics
that only support the stereotypical vision of the middle east or go
even way
beyond that. If you have some time, please take a chance to browse the
site
and contact the moderators of the site with your feedback.
Mohammad Al-Masri