Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs DC area fusha course

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jan 31 15:23:55 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Needs DC area fusha course

Date:  30 Jan 2003
From: "Kowalska, Dorota" <Dorota.Kowalska at marriott.com>
Subject:Needs DC area fusha course

I am interested in finding a good intermediate or advanced Modern
Standard
Arabic course in the Washington DC area.  I have found a few courses
but I'm
concerned about signing up for them without a recommendation. I am an
Arabist and I would like to refresh my Arabic a bit but I do NOT wish
to end
up in a class where I will learn Egyptian or Iraqi 'ammiyya.  No
offence, I
prefer to study "al-'arabiyya al-fus-ha".  So far the Georgetown
University
Summer intensive course looks best, but it's full time and quite
expensive
for my own pocket. I'd like to see if there are any alternatives I may
have
missed.

I apologize for bothering you folks, and thanks in advance for any
recommendations you might have. I will publish a summary of any info you
provide me on my personal website and share it with the whole group -
the
only way I can think of to express my gratitude for your time.

Best regards,

Dorota Kowalska
Graduate of Uniwersytet Warszawski
  (Warsaw University, Poland)