Arabic-L:PEDA:Enrollments

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jul 7 18:06:24 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Enrollments

Date: 30 Jun 2003
From:Enrollments
Subject:GSalib at aol.com

Dear Dr. Khalifa:

Here, in Daytona Beach Community College, the numbers have not
changed.  In fall 2001, and 2002, I had 15 students.  Spring 2001, 2002
I had 8-12 students.  I do not know yet the figures for fall 2003.

At this college, students are required to take foreign language
equivalent to 8 credits.  (4 credits for fall, Arabic I and 4 for
spring, Arabic 2) unless there is a demand, we offer Arabic 3.  We also
offer Arabic 3 on independent study and the figures seem to be the
same, 2 or 3 students.

Sincerely,

Galila Salib, MA,
Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language