Arabic-L:LING:Needs references about fusha/coll attitudes

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:46:50 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Needs articles about fusha/coll attitudes

Date: 04 Jun 2003
From: candace maher <cmnefer1 at yahoo.com>
Subject:Needs articles about fusha/coll attitudes

[Moderator's note: I received this message personally, but thought that
some others of you might also have appropriate references you would be
wiling to share.  Please respond directly to the requester, who is not
a subscriber.]

I am writing my master's thesis about Educated
Egyptians Attitudes toward MSA and Egyptian Colloquial
Arabic.

I am focusing on the use of MSA/Fusha/Classical Arabic
in the domains of Religion and Politics.

I wonder if you have any specific references of your
own or of others regarding this topic.