Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs info on Lebanon Summer Programs

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Mar 14 16:54:13 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Needs info on Lebanon Summer Programs

Date: 14 Mar 2003
From: Martha Schulte-Nafeh <marthas at u.arizona.edu>
Subject:Needs info on Lebanon Summer Programs

[moderator note: the students e-mail was omitted from the original
message, but if you send your responses to the list, I will forward
them to Martha, and she to the student.]

One of my students asked me to post the following query for her. Please
respond directly to her at the e-mail address that she gives in the
message.
I believe that she would be interested to hear from students who have
attended either of the two programs she is applying to.
Martha

'ahlan, I am a graduate student at the University of Arizona, and I am
applying
to two summer intensive Arabic programs in Lebanon for this summer.  As
am unfamiliar with these programs, I would greatly appreciate any
information
that can be given as to their quality.  One is the CAMES program at the
American
University of Beirut
(http://staff.aub.edu.lb/~webcames/summerArabic.html),
and the other is the SINARC program at Lebanese American University at
Beirut
(http://www.lau.edu.lb/centers-institutes/sinarc.html).  I am grateful
for
any information that anyone has regarding their experiences with these
two
programs.

Thank you,
Leah White