Arabic-L:LING:Needs textbook based on Quran

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Mar 20 23:51:32 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Needs textbook based on Quran

Date: 20 Mar 2003
From:  "Mohamed Seid BAnoo" <msbanoo at hotmail.com>
Subject:Needs textbook based on Quran

[please respond directly to requester]

Assalamu Alaykum, Greetings

I have obtained your email addresses from the Al Arabiyya journal
website. I
am working on writing a syllabus for teaching arabic based on the
Quraan and
Hadith, in english medium schools in South Africa.

I met a fellow colleague at a conference who mentioned that a similar
book
existed in Arabic. The person is Professor Muhammad Ismail Sini, who was
involved with the Al Arabiyya lin Nashiyin series. The book he referred
is Al Qira'at Al Arabiyya lil Muslimeen. I am not fully certain if this
is
the book and may be subject to correction. The book is in three volumes
and
is published in Lebanon.

I have returned from Hajj and made an unsuccessful visit, to a number of
bookshops and libraries in Makkah and Madinah, in the hope of obtaining
these books.

I would really appreciate it if you could you please advise if this book
exists and how it may be obtained. If you can obtain this book on my
behalf
I would settle all expenses related.

Your assistance is most appreciated

Yours faithfully