Arabic-L:PEDA:Wants info on Jordan and Syria programs

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Nov 7 22:10:29 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Wants info on Jordan and Syria programs

Date: 07 Oct  2003
From:rccolino at aol.com
Subject:Wants info on Jordan and Syria programs

[please respond directly to Mr. Colino.]

My name is Richard Colino  and I am presently completing the first
semester, second year of Modern Standard Arabic at Mt. Holyoke
College/the University of Massachusetts. I would like to undertake a 3
week course of study of Arabic in either Jordan or Syria during the
month of January (January 1-24, 2004) next year prior to resuming
Arabic studies as noted above. My interest is to a large degree in
spoken Arabic which is not emphasized in the course of instruction I am
now taking. My understanding is that 3-week courses generally are for 3
hours per day, 5 days per week. Some courses of instruction issue a
certicate of attendance or something similar in lieu of academic
credits.
Please respond to this interest with an indication of what can be
provided and when and the cost of either small group or individual
instruction. (several classmates are interested in this interterm
activity as well). Any information about housing would be appreciated,
(although I will probably seek hotel accommodations since my wife will
be with me for part of the time).
I look forward to indicating that program of instruction can be
arranged.

Shukran,
Richard Colino