Arabic-L:GEN:Query on Rihani font

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Oct 16 18:17:50 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Query on Rihani font

Date: 16 Oct  2003
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject:Query on Rihani font

Dear List Members,

Would you please help with information on the following, please
email your responses to me, the List, and/or directly
mailto:aboulrim at hotmail.com, thank you:

Hello Georges,

I have a research to submit on Tuesday at the university. The
research is about "Arabic typography" in general, and I have a font
called "RIHANI" or "AL RIHANI" to research about. The problem is
that I don't have this font and I can't find it on a CD neither on the
net.

On my PC, I have some Arabic fonts like "NASKH","THULUTH",
"KUFFI" ...but this font "RIHANI" isn't available.  So my question:
is this font available in your database? If yes, is it possible to send
me it by email so I can work on it with PC? If no, what would you
recommend me to do in this case? Can I download it from
somewhere on the net?

One more thing, I need also some information about this font
concerning my research. I mean by information: history, characteristics,
font style, etc....Do you have any idea about this subject and
how can I find these info?

I'm sorry for bothering you, but I think you are the right person to
advise in this domain.

Waiting for your response.
keep in touch

Karim