Arabic-L:LING:New Book: Grammar of Moroccan Arabic

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 30 23:08:41 UTC 2004

1) Subject:New Book: Grammar of Moroccan Arabic

Date: 30 Apr  2004
From:estry at iam.net.ma
Subject:New Book: Grammar of Moroccan Arabic

  A GRAMMAR OF MOROCCAN ARABIC
  By M. Ennaji, A. Makhoukh, H. Es-saiydy, M. Moubtassime, S.Slaoui
Publications of the Faculty of Letters 1, Fès, Morocco (2004)

This book is a descriptive grammar of Moroccan Arabic from a broad
perspective of generative linguistics. We have avoided as much as
possible the technicalities associated with theory, and attempted to
simplify the terminology and the description because we target
primarily undergraduate and graduate students of linguistics, and the
general reader who is particularly interested in the structure of
Moroccan Arabic.
                In this book, we study important phonological,
morphological, and syntactic phenomena of the variety of Moroccan
Arabic spoken in the areas of Fès and Meknès. To satisfy this aim, the
book covers a wide range of empirical data. It does not attempt to
offer an exhaustive survey of the structures of Moroccan Arabic,
however, as it would be the case in the excellent tradition of
Classical Arabic grammarians such as Sibawayhi or Ibnu Jinni, to name
but two. Our aim is to provide the reader with a coherent and
systematic approach to the structures of Moroccan Arabic.

For more information please contact: mennaji2002 at yahoo.fr

End of Arabic-L:  30 Apr  2004