Arabic-L:PEDA:Arab Academy Testimonial

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Aug 3 15:52:28 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Arab Academy Testimonial

Date: 03 Aug  2004
From:dlmsmith <dlmsmith at sbcglobal.net>
Subject:Arab Academy Testimonial

> Does anyone know: ... Where I can find good Arabic children's software,
preferably
> utilizing Egyptian dialect or a blend of dialect and Fusha? ... Jamal
Qureshi --

I study Modern Standard and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic in the university
program at Arab Academy (www.arabacademy.com) and find this online
school
excellent in every respect. They offer a children's program that
provides
interactive Arabic lessons and activities for kids of all ages. I
haven't
taken these children's courses, but I've been taking courses on the
stories
of the Prophets in the separate children's Islamic school in addition
to my
university courses, so I can tell you that the lessons for children as
well
as those for adults are well developed, consistently structured, and
presented with clear, crisp sound files and illustrations or graphics
well
suited to the context. Besides learning through the engaging stories and
games/activities, we correspond or chat in Arabic with other students
and
with the teachers in Cairo, so the program's interactivity is deep and
open-ended. It's a great place - I highly recommend it.

Debra Morris Smith