Arabic-L:PEDA:CALL survey

Nathan Arp nja9 at email.byu.edu
Wed Aug 11 19:41:03 UTC 2004

1) Subject:CALL survey

Date: 11 Aug  2004
From:"Ahmed.I.S" <ibhims20002 at yahoo.com>
Subject:CALL survey

Dear Computer Assisted Language Learning Scholars

It gives me a great pleasure to send you this message. I know that you
are very busy with your teaching and your research, therefore I
apologize for disturbing you, but I really feel that your comments and
idea will help a lot

  I plan to write a book about “Computer Assisted Language Learning
Scholars”. I need to introduce these scholars to Arabic language
readers. I feel that there are not many books about “Computer Assisted
Language Learning” in Arabic Language.  I do hope you may share with
me; I have some questions to the scholars of “CALL”. Hopefully you may
agree to answer my questions in brief and you may add any suggestions
that might help me in introducing the “CALL” scholars” to the Arabic
readers.

No

  The issue

Your comments

1

Do you think it’s important to write such book

2

The Future of the CALL

3

CALL states at present

4

CALL states in the past

5

Some issues need to be addressed (e.g. methodology of teaching/
learning and CALL )

5

CALL and the research

6

The theoretical framework of CALL

7

The development of CALL  material

8

The opportunities for training CALL teacher

9

CALL in the third world

10

Any suggestion

Thank you and Regards

Ibrahim Suliman Ahmed
Faculty of Medicine
International Islamic University-Malaysia