Arabic-L:LIT:Maghribi qasida variations query

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Feb 26 20:49:04 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Maghribi qasida variations query

Date: 09 Jan 2004
From: Sharon Vance <canito3 at earthlink.net>
Subject:Maghribi qasida variations query

[please send your responses directly to Sharon, as well as posting them
to Arabic-L, since she is not a subscriber.  --moderator]

Prof. Allen, my dissertation advisor, suggested I send a question I had
about a possible Maghribi variation of the qasida. I am looking for
research articles on the qasidah in Morocco. I have some references on
the qasidah in Hebrew Moroccan Jewish literature and I wanted to try
and get some articles that describe and discuss this genre among Muslim
authors.

The description I have of it is a strophic, single subject poetic genre
written in a language that is intermediate between the dialect and
classical Arabic.

Any information you might have would be appreciated. Also does anyone
know of any journals that focus on Arabic literature in North Africa?

  Thanks,

Sharon Vance