Arabic-L:TRANS:Inaugurating WATA Portal

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jan 9 20:08:50 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Inaugurating WATA Portal

Date: 09 Jan 2004
From:info at arabicwata.org
Subject:Inaugurating WATA Portal

To all Translators and Intellectuals throughout the world,

The World Arabic (Speaking) Association is happy to announce the soft
launch of its website today at 09.00 GMT, as it has promised three
months ago.

The Founding Board tries hard to design this site as the meeting forum
of the linguists and translators community; therefore you’re kindly
invited to bring a stone to this building through your posts and your
feedbacks.

It’s important to remind you that the Arabic version of the website is
just the first path and that it will be followed, as soon as possible,
by the English, the French, the Spanish, the Russian, the Chinese and
the Scandinavian interface.

We have thought that the first of January may be considered in the
coming years as the Arabic Translators Day and a good occasion to
celebrate the realizations of all those working in the “from/to Arabic
language pairs” field.

Please accept our warmest wishes of a happy Arabic Translators day! And
see you at:

www.Arabicwata.org
The Founding Board.