Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Teacher Education Survey

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jan 19 19:43:15 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Arabic Teacher Education Survey

Date: 19 Jan 2004
From:Liz England <lengland at aucegypt.edu>
Subject:Arabic Teacher Education Survey

[Reminder from Arabic-L moderator: Please remember to return this
survey, and all other responses directed to the senders of a message,
directly to the sender.  Do not simply hit reply, since that will send
your response directly to Arabic-L, which will not be able to deal with
it.  Thanks.]

Survey on Arabic Language Teacher Education
As a part of a project on Arabic language teacher preparation, we are
requesting your participation in a brief survey.  The survey is designed
to learn specific ways in which Arabic language teaching professionals
have been educated to teach Arabic and what we do to keep up to date
professionally. Please complete the attached survey and return it by no
later than February 15 to

Dr. Liz England <lengland at aucegypt.edu> by return e-mail.

If you would like to receive the results of the survey, please let us
know and we will add your name to the list of recipients. Many thanks.

Survey Questions:
1. I teach Arabic at (location)____________

  2. Brief description of students:
Age ____
Proficiency level _______________
Learning goals _____________

3. I have taught Arabic for ________ years.

Professional preparation for Arabic language teachers usually includes a
combination of experiences. Please briefly describe these and any other
sources of learning how to teach Arabic. Please be as specific as
possible.

4. Education_________________________________

6. Living, visiting, studying, and/or working in an Arabic speaking
environment
Please indicate all that apply and provide details that are relevant to
your teacher training on the following line:

7. Other sources of learning to teach Arabic Many teachers participate
in professional development activities in order to keep up to date.
Briefly describe yours. Please be as specific as possible,

8. Comments welcome here: