Arabic-L:PEDA:Jobs: Arabic Webmaster and Computer Trainer

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 16 21:59:07 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Jobs: Arabic Webmaster and Computer Trainer

Date: 16 Jun 2004
Subject:Jobs: Arabic Webmaster and Computer Trainer

Greetings Arabic-L!

I am looking to fill two positions here at GWU at the National Capital
Language Resource Center.

First, we need someone to teach the morning section of our Summer
Institute "Computer Training for Arabic Teachers" on July 5-6. This
hands-on institute will instruct teachers of the Arabic language how to
use Arabic on their computers including Windows, the Internet, e-mail,
Microsoft Office including Word and Power Point, and Blackboard. I have
a qualified instructor for the afternoons, but our morning instructor
has had to withdraw. Do you know anyone who can teach how to use Arabic
on a PC? The instructor will be compensated by a small honorarium. More
information on this and other Summer Institutes is here:
http://nclrc.org/suin04.html#n18

Second, we are  looking for a fluent Arabic speaker to be the Webmaster
of our new website for teachers of Arabic K-12. The site will be
bilingual Arabic/English so this person must have advanced computer
skills, and English and Arabic skills. This is a Research Assistant
position at GWU, and is entitled to tuition benefits. I've attached the
full position announcement to this e-mail for you to forward on to your
contacts, who may be able to assist us in finding qualified candidates.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,
Shawn Greenstreet
Research Assistant
The National Capital Language Resource Center,
The George Washington University
2011 Eye Street NW Suite 200
Washington DC 20006
Phone: 202-973-1086