Arabic-L:PEDA:about Erwin's Iraqi Books

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 7 22:53:46 UTC 2004

1) Subject:about Erwin's Iraqi Books

Date: 07 May 2004
From:HerbM at LearnQuick.Com
Subject:about Erwin's Iraqi Books

Both the Iraqi Reference Grammar and "Basic Course..."
by Erwin are EXCELLENT from the perspective of a new
learner of Iraqi Arabic.

The newly reissued "Basic Course..." contains
a CDRom full of MP3 files which comprise
between 20-30 hours of excellent practice.

The only inconvenience is that they will not
play on most current automotive and home
CD players (newer models may support MP3) so
if you don't use a computer or personal MP3
player this is an issue.

Personally, I prefer the MP3 files for use
on my computer and PocketPC (and one can burn
them back to an audio CD if necessary).

The amount of information is equivalent to
some 20 CDs or more of audio.