Arabic-L:LIT:Zakaria Tamer info

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Apr 29 19:06:22 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Zakaria Tamer info

Date: 29 Apr  2005
From:srpkole at EUnet.yu
Subject:Zakaria Tamer info

[moderator's note: this message was meant for the student who requested
it, but since it contained useful information I decided to post it,
omitting the specific address requested, which I did pass on to the
student.--dil]

May I suggest your student communicate me first for I can give him
complete
Tamer's bibliography too, his phone and fax numbers, as well as the
e-mail
addresses of some of Tamer's translators to other languages, names of
people
who made their Ph.D.s on Tamer or wrote on his work in English or
Arabic,
etc.

Besides, I'm looking for people who would be willing to open and
maintain a
site which would be named something like "Zakariyya Tamer Translations
Exchange" or "Echos of Zakariyya Tamer's Work", or anything of the kind,
which would, I bet, become very rich in quite a short time. I myself
cannot
achieve that under the circumstances, but I have already translated 7 of
Tamer's collections, each equipped with an extensive preface (the last
two
books will be out in the course of this year, but even 5 already
published
make the Serbian the richest foreign language in Tamer's stories
inasmuch as
the author himself knows).

Best,
Srpko Lestaric,