Arabic-L:GEN:Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jun 2 16:52:53 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

Date: 02 Jun  2005
From:reposted from LINGUIST
Subject:Open-source IPA input method for Mac OS

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:45:46
From: Brian 'Moses' Hall < moses at blugs.com >

For users of Mac OS X 10.2 ('Jaguar') and later, I am pleased to
announce
the availability of a free Unicode character palette input method for
the
International Phonetic Alphabet. This palette is compatible with the
Hiragino font shipped with Mac OS, the Doulos IPA font supplied by
SIL, and
other IPA Unicode fonts. The software enables point-and-click character
entry into Unicode-compliant software under Mac OS X. I hope
linguists will
find it easy to process IPA symbols using it.

The software, its source code, and documentation are available:
http://www.blugs.com/IPA/

Thank you for your attention.

Brian 'Moses' Hall (moses at blugs.com)
Learning Research and Development Center
University of Pittsburgh
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics
                      Phonology