Arabic-L:LING:Needs Electronic version of Quran

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Jun 14 15:46:11 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Needs Electronic version of Quran

Date: 14 Jun  2005
From:Dilworth Parkinson <dil at byu.edu>
Subject:Needs Electronic version of Quran

A few years ago I downloaded an electronic version of the Quran and
have used it occasionally for research purposes.  However, I have
noticed recently that it is inadequate as an electronic corpus.  For
one thing, it makes no effort to type a space bar between words like
laa and following words, so that when searching for independent
words, some are hidden by the fact that two words run together.
There are other problems as well.
Googling for Quran on the web brings you a plethora of sites, and it
is hard for someone like me to know if some are more reputable than
others, or if there is an electronic version of the Quran that is
'guaranteed', 'official', mistake-free, careful, etc.
Does anyone know if there is an electronic version that is highly
respected and trusted?
Thanks.
Dil