Arabic-L:LING:more on 'anta wa'anaa

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Mar 22 16:38:53 UTC 2005

1) Subject:more on 'anta wa'anaa
2) Subject:more on 'anta wa'anaa

Date: 22 Mar  2005
From:Michael.Schub at trincoll.edu
Subject:more on 'anta wa'anaa

Dear Colleagues,
      Thank you for your input, but I think that none of the
sourceslisted cite  any actual (NOT theoretical) examples in Modern
Written Arabic  of  */anta  wa-anaa/;  */huwa  wa-anta/;  */hiya
wa-anaa/, etc.
      Am I wrong?  Has anyone else come across any specimens from actual
texts??  Thank you.

             Mike Schub