Arabic-L:LING:Comment on Simplifying Arabic Call

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue May 17 21:28:04 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Comment on Simplifying Arabic Call

Date: 17 May  2005
From:rhaleem at arabiconaplate.com
Subject:Comment on Simplifying Arabic Call

I agree with the view that it is indeed the teaching methods that need
improving. As an engineer involved in teaching Arabic, I find little to
complain about regarding its grammar. In fact I find it easy to teach
but I
know how badly I was taught. It wasn't until I started teaching it
that I
discovered how straight forward, consistent and logical most of its
grammar
rules are. I am talking here about the 90+% of it, not the less than 10%
that scholars tend to concentrate on. I teach it to those who need to be
able to "enjoy" this wonderful language. I genuinely believe that it
is one
of the easiest languages around if taught correctly. I have been
developing
a simple approach to Arabic which I call "Arabic on a plate" which
students
respond to positively. I hope in time to develop my website
www.arabiconaplate.com to help contribute to this debate.

Rahman Haleem, UK
rhaleem at arabiconaplate.com