Arabic-L:TRANS:TRADOS responses

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon May 23 23:29:47 UTC 2005

1) Subject:TRADOS responses

Date: 23 May  2005
From:moderator
Subject:TRADOS responses

The TRADOS company has sent the following two responses in regard to
the recent exchange about their product:

Dear Dilworth, dear David

I will be pleased to provide you with software for your courses.

TRADOS is the market leader, not only for freelance translators, but
also in corporations, organisations and agencies - areas where Deja
Vu does not offer the advanced functionalities required for these
environments.

Therefore, since many of your students might end up as freelancers
for these organisations, but also as inhouse staff, it would be wise
for them to also learn to use our software.

How many seats would you need for a seminar room?

Best regards

Helene Wirkus
Partner Manager
TRADOS GmbH
Tel: +49 711 168 77 61

Greetings,

Thank you for informing me of your experience with TRADOS.  Please know
that we do have educational programs that will meet your needs and in
most cases we provide much of the software at no charge to the
university. I would look forward to discussing your needs and ensuring
TRADOS is taught as part of your curricula.

If any of you are interested in our university program, please contact
me directly at mikek at trados.com.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Sincerely,

Michael Kidd