Arabic-L:PEDA:Need Arabic speaking presenter on Assessment

Wed Nov 2 20:34:43 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Need Arabic speaking presenter on Assessment

Date: 11 Nov 2005
From:moderator
Subject:Need Arabic speaking presenter on Assessment

Naomi Bolotin passes this message along.  She contacted May who said
they still had not found a presenter.

From: May Al-Maghrebi <malmaghrebi at HSC.EDU.KW>
Date: October 3, 2005 1:40:15 PM MDT
To: POD at listserv.nd.edu
Subject: [POD] Looking for Arabic speaking workshop presenter on
"Assessment"- CTE Kuwait University

Dear members,
The center for Teaching Excellence at Kuwait University (CTE-KU) is
organizing a faculty development workshop on "Classroom Assessment
Techniques" to be held over 2 days during the second half of
December, 2005.
The official language of the workshop is "Arabic". Thus, the center
is trying to locate speakers from Northen America or Australia who
speak Arabic clearly and fluently, experience in leading discussions
on classroom Assessment Techniques and interested in conducting such
a workshop. One or two local speakers will participate in giving
other themes in the proposed workshops.
The expected outcome of this workshop revolves around familiarizing
our faculty with assessment techniques in the classroom and online.
The audience for this event is composed of faculty members from
Arabic-speaking colleges at KU like Arts, Law, Sharea' and Social
Sciences. Also, we emphasize the inclusion and use of group
discussions, live examples, and videotape presentations whenever
available.
Our lecturer will be provided with airline tickets, accommodation,
transportation, and any other attractive expenses deemed necessary.
I would appreciate receiving responses from interested members or
nominations for those who meet the requested criteria.
Kind regards,

May Al-Maghrebi, PhD
Acting Director,
Center for Teaching Excellence
Office of Vice-President for Academic Affairs
Kuwait University

End of Arabic-L:  11 Nov 2005