Arabic-L:LING:Electronic Dictionary responses

Fri Nov 4 19:12:03 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Electronic Dictionary response

Date: 06 Nov 2005
From:otakar.smrz at mff.cuni.cz
Subject:Electronic Dictionary response

> I'm searching for an electronic Arabic-English and English-Arabic
> electronic
> dictionary that I can access from within a program.
>
> Does anyone know if such a resource is available?

Hello, please check the internal lexicons of the Buckwalter Arabic
Morphological Analyzer:

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2002L49
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2004L02

-- Otakar Smrz

Date: 06 Nov 2005
From:narm at ajniha.org

Hi Kamal,
I don't know if this will help:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=QaMoose
"QaMoose facilitates the access to an English/Arabic user-defined
dictionary via web access using the DICT protocol." [Arabeyes]

Also see:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Wordlist
" This project aims at building an Open Source (GPL) wordlist to be
used in public dictionaries for both online and local use. This
dictionary's main focus is to present a means to translate a very
broad range of English terms to Arabic. This wordlist/dictionary's
focus is a general one and is not specific to any field." [Arabeyes]

Hope this will help in a way or another, and it will be nice to share
your thesis and knowledge with the Open Source community someday!
Wish you the best and good luck.

Best
Basem Narmok