Arabic-L:GEN:Changing Arabic Keyboards on Mac OS X Query

Wed Nov 16 18:55:40 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Changing Arabic Keyboards on Mac OS X Query

Date: 16 Nov 2005
From:dancingemu at gmail.com
Subject:Changing Arabic Keyboards on Mac OS X Query

I learned how to type in Arabic on a Windows machine.  I recently
figured out how to make my personal computer, which is a Macintosh,
type in Arabic.  Much to my dismay however, there are significant
differences in the keyboard layout between the Windows keyboard and
the Macintosh keyboard.  While I don't mind learning another keyboard
layout, I still use Windows machines at school and work.  I find it
extremely confusing and slow to switch between keyboard layouts,
especially as I am still not used to the Mac one.  Thus, I am
constantly having to correct typos due to my hitting the wrong key,
thinking I'm in the other system.

So, is there any way to make the keyboards compatible, such that I
could only use one system?

Thank you,

Emma