Arabic-L:LING:Cairo Linguistics Group

Thu Oct 13 20:48:50 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Cairo Linguistics Group

Date: 13 Oct 2005
From:fmansour at link.net
Subject:Cairo Linguistics Group

[moderator's note:  besides posting the announcement of the new issue
of Al-Logha, the group also sent the following information about the
Cairo Linguisitics Group that some of you might find useful.--dil]

In this coming year we are hoping to reshape the formula for our
meetings a
bit, to make it more like workshops around a fixed topic. The first
workshop
in December will be on various aspects of Discourse Analysis, and may
well
be extended to further meetings. We are nevertheless keeping an open
door
for any visiting professor/lecturer to give us talks on topics of their
choice, so if you or any of your colleagues are planning a trip to
Cairo, we
would very much like to hear about it.
Many greetings and best regards,
Gerda Mansour