Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic Boat Songs Query

Thu Oct 27 19:29:32 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Arabic Boat Songs Query

Date: 027 Oct 2005
From:moderator
Subject:Arabic Boat Songs Query

I have been asked by a non-Arabist scholar if there are any 'boat'
songs or chants used in the Arab World.  These would be some kind of
song or chant whose function would be to keep the rhythm going when
rowing.  If anyone is acquainted with such things, please let me know
and I will have him get in touch with you.
Thanks,
Dilworth Parkinson
dil at byu.edu