Arabic-L:PEDA:TA training curriculum query

Wed Feb 1 18:28:28 UTC 2006

1) Subject:TA training curriculum query

Date: 01 Feb 2006
From:jeremy.palmer at gmail.com
Subject:TA training curriculum query

Hello from sunny and warm Arizona,

Do any of you know of any established teacher methodology courses made
especially for teachers of Arabic?  Are there any universities or
other establishments that have such a course for teachers of Arabic as
pre or inservice training?  I have a foreign-language teacher
development course in which I need to design a 1-3 credit methodology
course syllabus specifically for teachers of Arabic.  I don't ever
remember hearing of such a course from any of my limited contacts.  If
anyone has any information I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,

Jeremy Palmer
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT)
PhD Student
University of Arizona