Arabic-L:English to Arabic Transliterator responses

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at BYU.EDU
Wed Feb 1 18:28:42 UTC 2006

1) Subject:English to Arabic Transliterator response

Date: 01 Feb 2006
From:andyf at umich.edu
Subject:English to Arabic Transliterator response

> Hi everyone,
> I am just wondering if anyone knows of an English to Arabic
> transliterator
> that I can use in an application. Thanks for your help.
> Ghita

Hello Ghita,

       I am sending along some c code that I have written, that does
some
various codepage conversions for Arabic, including transliterating
Arabic
into and out of the semi-Standard Buckwalter transliteration.  I am also
including some ridiculoualy simple Perl scripts that run under perl 5.8+
that make the c code obsolete.

       For extremely good measure, I hereby present some web links
that I
know and love.

http://www.qamus.org/transliteration.htm

http://www.i18nguy.com/

http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/codepages.html

http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/Overview.html

http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/urdu/urdu-in-unicode.html

http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/pickers/arabic-block/

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi
<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium_do
wnload> &item_id=Gentium_download

http://www.crulp.org/Download%20Nafees.htm

http://lsadc.org/cftools/scripts/ipapopup/ipa-pop-up.html

http://www.w3.org/International

       I hope that I understood correctly what it was you were
looking for.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Andy