Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic Language Village

Wed Feb 8 23:53:49 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Arabic Language Village

Date: 08 Feb 2006
From:egelhof at cord.edu
Subject:Arabic Language Village

Please forward to faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students,
and international student associations as you find appropriate.
Thank you.

Concordia Language Villages is proud to announce the opening of the
newest of our nationally recognized immersion Language Villages, Al-
Wāha, our Arabic Language Village.

Since 1961, Concordia Language Villages has boldly and optimistically
pursued a vision of peace and understanding by educating young people
in the languages and cultures of our world.  We offer language and
culture immersion programs in 14 languages for young people (ages 7
to 18) and employment opportunities for undergraduate, graduate, and
international students.

Interested in a summer work opportunity to enrich and share your
language and culture skills?  Apply on line at
www.ConcordiaLanguageVillages.org (click on “employment
opportunities).  Questions can be directed to Denise Phillippe, a
Concordia Language Villages associate director, at phillipp at cord.edu
or 1-800-450-2214 (218-586-8600).  Counseling and teaching, along
with health and food services and lifeguard, positions are available.

For information on child and teen participation in the program, check
out the website at www.ConcordiaLanguageVillages.org or call
1-800-222-4750 (218-299-4544).

Lois J. Egelhof
Program and Staff Development