Arabic-L:LING:Needs Sources on American Figures and Programs

Mon Jan 2 22:04:58 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Needs Sources on American Figures and Programs

Date: 02 Jan 2006
From:moderator
Subject:Needs Sources on American Figures and Programs

A European scholar has done a piece on the major figures and programs
in Arabic Language Studies (linguistics, philology, etc.) in Europe
in the 20th Century, and would like to do a companion piece on the
same in the US and Canada.  He has asked me to ask you if there are
any written sources on this topic, any review articles that deal with
the major programs or major figures of the field.  I will forward all
post any nominations from the field for such status (the 20th century
seems too close for that), but if any of you want to do more than
make a single nomination, i.e. come up with a proposed list of major
figures and programs, particularly for the first 50 years of the
century, I would be happy to post that.
Dil